7 Reasons to Consider a First Look on Your Wedding Day
On the fence about doing a first look? Check out these 7 reasons why you might want to consider it.
- It takes a lot of pressure off your guy. When the doors open and you start your walk towards him, all eyes turn to see his reaction. YIKES! He might not be ready to let his guard down and show his emotion in front of that many people.
- If gives you alone time before the day flies by. You’ve probably heard this a thousand times, but I’ll tell you again because I didn’t believe it for my own wedding, this day will go so FAST! Doing a first look gives you a few moments completely alone that you may not otherwise get.
- You can interact with one another. That sounds like a no brainer, but during a first look you’re free to embrace, kiss and admire how great you both look! Let your groom give you a twirl in that amazing dress! You won’t be able to do those things in front of your guests before the ceremony.
- It diminishes your nerves! No matter how calm and collected you normally are, you’re going to be a big ball of nerves the morning of your wedding. Spending a few moments with your love is going to bring you so much peace!
- It allows you to attend your cocktail hour. You’ve invited all these people, many of whom you may not see on the regular. Go hang out with them and have a few drinks!
- It gives you many more portraits to pick from. Call me biased, but who doesn’t want more pictures?! First looks aren’t rushed, there’s no cocktail hours or reception you need to get to afterwards, which gives you more natural relaxed photos.
- You decide to do a first look, won’t this ruin the excitement of walking down the aisle? Absolutely not! If anything, you’ll feel more relaxed and ready as ever. I suggest that brides don’t take their bouquet to the first look and wait to put in their veil in until right before she walks down the aisle.
If a first look still isn’t for you, that’s ok! This is YOUR wedding!! You do you!